Your repipe is important
use the best local service for your house
Should you repair or replace the water service?
We will occasionally recommend a spot repair rather than full line replacement.
When is this recommendation made?
- When the water line is not galvanized steel.
- Copper and Plastic water pipes may have a flaw or stress location that causes a leak. In these cases correcting this defect can be a repair that will last.
- Why not repair a galvanized water pipe?
- When there is a leak in your water line the water pressure throughout the line is reduced. Once we repair the leak and the pressure goes back up the pipe will usually break in the next weakest area fairly quickly.
- Your new PEX water pipe can be installed for just 2 to 3 times what a spot repair would cost. We’d rather see you fix it once and forget it.